|  Add to Favorite   |  HOME  |  
  143B Orchard St New York, NY 10002 U.S.A.     GALLERY OPEN HOURS : Wednesday-Sunday, 11am to 6 pm     ABLE FINE ART NY Gallery      

ABOUT  
 EXHIBITIONS 
 ART FAIR 
 ARTISTS 
 PRESS 
 EVENTS 
ARTISTS

BIOGRAPHY

José Molina
Born in Madrid, 1965

*Solo Exhibiton / Presentation

2017 Dialogo della croce” curated by Dominique Stella, Santa Maria del Tiglio Church, Gravedona, Lake Como
2017 L’abbraccio di Cristo (solo exhibition in Como’s cathedral)
2017 Soulwoman, Galleria Hernandez Milan
2017 Uomini e altri demoni, Deodato Arte, Milan curated by Chiara Gatti
2017 Paesaggio dopo la battaglia curated by Lorenzo Canova, Reggia di Caserta
2016 ¡°Veritatis splendor: il senso del divino,¡± Graziani Palace, and Asset Bank, Republic of San Marino
2016 ¡°Dolce acqua¡± Muma Museum, Genoa
2015 “De l’amor y otros demonios” , curated by Alessandra Redaelli, Biffi Gallery, Piacenza
2015 “L’altra bellezza”, San Pietro in Atrio, Como
2015 Presentation of the anthological catalogue “Humanitas” and interview by Martina Mazzotta (Mazzotta Foundation), Sormani Public Library, Milan
2014 “La sconfitta della Tauromachia”, Cervantes Institute, Milan. Critical essay by Arturo Lorenzo
2014 “The World Outside, The World Inside” Ugolini Castle, Verona
2014 “Dioses y hombres. Men and Gods”. Brenna Tosatto Villa, Lenno.
2014 “Humanity”, Fabrik Gallery, Honk Kong.
2014 L’arte spagnola a Palazzo Gallio, Gravedona ed Uniti. Curated by Mariella Casile.
2014 Bestias Humanas, Real Academia d’Espana, Roma. Curated by Rosetta Gozzini.
2013 “Los Olvidados”, Luciana Matalon Foudation, Milan curated by Rosetta Gozzini.
2013 “Day by Day”, Deodato Art Gallery, Milan.
2012 “Sentimentos”, Lake Art Gallery, Dongo, Como Lake.
2011 “Sentimentos” MC2 Gallery, Milan. Curated by Claudio Composti.
2011 “Sentimentos y Predatores”, Galeria Movart, Madrid.
2011 Presentations of the book “Sentimentos”
2011 Cervantes Institute, Rome
2011 Tierra del Fuego, Madrid curated by Carmen Pascual
2011 Libux Library, Cantù curated by Franca Castelnuovo
2010 “Cosas Humanas” Mudima Foundation, Milan.
2009 Brixen’s Civic Museum. “Pencil of paper: artworks by Escher, Gottfried Helnwein and Jose’ Molina.”, curated by Alex Pergher.
2009 “Lapis Ludica: 15 artists and a lapis”. Stelline Palace, Milan. Catalogue by Esseblu. Preface of Stefano Zecchi.
2009 Castle of Pio, Carpi. “Perturbamenti del Potere” curated by Bianca Tosatti. Artworks by Witkins, Warhol, Tiziano.
2008 “Predatores”, Museum of Natural Sciences and Civic Aquarium, Milan. Curated by Vittorio Sgarbi.
2008 “6 DAYS in Madrid, 6 DAYS in Milan” – Spazio Apollo, Milan
2008 “Líneas” (Líneas/ Flamenco and Don Quijote) – Spazio Anteo, Milan.
2008 “Predatores”, Cà di Frà Gallery, Milan curated by Gianfranco Composti.
2007 “Predatores”, Romberg Gallery, Rome. Curated by Italo Bergantini
2007 “Predatores”, Romberg Gallery, Rome. Curated by Italo Bergantini
2007 “Líneas” at Spazio “20”, Milan.
2007 “Water” at Ducale Palace, Modena. Curated by P. Donini and D. Del Moro
2007 “The animal within us”, Gallery Ca di Frà, Milan
2006 “Predatores” at the Fondazione Mudima, Milan.
2006 “Hollywood’s Eyes” and the series of “Don Quijote” Crapapelada, Milan.
2006 “Live to die” Crispi Gallery, Rome.
2006 “Predatores” – Piccola Galleria, Venice.
2005 “Dyng to live”, Gallery Hera Arte Contemporanea, Brescia.
2005 “Dyng to live”, Galleria Rubin, Milan.

*Group Exhibition

2017 Ricapitolando curated by Roberto Gramiccia, Plus arte Plus, Rome
2015 “Un mondo di pane”, Fabbrica del Vapore, Milano
2015 “Shots of Bread”, Mediateca di Santa Teresa, Milan
2014 “The World Outside, The World Inside” Ugolini Castle, Verona
2014 L’arte al tempo della crisi, Triennale, Milano
2014 “Non di solo pane”, Spazio Oberdan, Milan. Curated by Susanna Vallebona.
2013 Wunder Kammer, Poldi Pezzoli Museum, Milan. Curated by L. Galli and M. Mazzotta. Skira Catalogue.
2013 “Warriors of Light”, Contemporary Concept Art Gallery, Bologna
2013 “Looking Inside Out”, Rosarte Space Gallery, Rome.
2012 “The art of multiplying the art” – Spazio al bello, Milan. Curated by S. Vallebona.
2012 “Eyes” Visual d’Art Gallery, Menaggio, Como Lake.
2011 Elephant Parade, Milan.
2010 “Artists Showcase” Gallery Doppia V, Lugano, Switzerland.
2010 “Water” Atelier casa perla, Dongo.
2010 Ediciones, Galería Clave, Murcia, Spain.
2010 “Selfportraits”, Gallery Ca’ di Fra’, Milan.

*Art Fairs

WunderKammer Grand Tour, ART STAYS, 13th Festival of Contemporary Art, Ptuj
Contemporary Art Fair, Hong Kong
Neaples Art Fair
Honk Kong Contemporary Art Fair
Art Fair Verona
Affordable Art Fair, Milan
Genova Art Fair
Honk Kong Contemporary Art Fair
Art Stays, Ptuj –Slovenia
Padova Art Fair
Step 09 Art Fair
Mi Art Fair
Arte Padova
PADOVA Art Fair
BRESCIA Art Fair
VERONA Art Fair

* Biography

Born in Madrid in 1965, aged 11 José Molina started attending several arts schools, then, while studying at Madrid’s University of Fine arts, he worked in advertising until the age of 35, when he decided to fully devote himself to painting. His first exhibition was in 2004 at Milan’s Galleria Rubin. Between 2005 and 2010 he held a solo exhibition at Milan’s Museum of Science and Technology and Civic Aquarium - curated by renowned art critic and historian Vittorio Sgarbi - and exhibited at other locations and galleries, like Galleria Ca’ di Fra’, Mc2, Fondazione Stelline and Fondazione Mudima. 2013 was a year of great solo and collective shows for Molina; his works were exhibited at Milan’s Museo Poldi Pezzoli, Spazio Oberdan and La Triennale. His first anthological exhibition took place in 2014 at Real Academia de España in Rome, in 2015 he released the volume “Humanitas”, a comprehensive collection of the artist’s production from 2002, and in 2016 he held a solo show at Museo del Mare in Genoa and at Galleria Deodato Arte in Milan. In 2017 at the Royal Palace in Caserta, took place a big anthological exhibition “Landscape after the battle” supported by the Spanish institutions and by the Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Activities and Tourism. Today Josè is present on the international scene, both in Europe and Asia, with a series of solo exhibitions both in private and public spaces. He now lives in Gravedona, Lake Como.

*Artist’s Statement

I am a child of my time.
Spanish, born in the mid ‘60s, I grew up with the consequences and remnants of Franco’s totalitarian regime, which in part contributed to shaping my artistic path, along with my social and cultural commitment.
I see art as a tool for interaction and, as an artist, I feel I have a
responsibility for what surrounds me. But my art does not merely tell of the human being in his social dimension. At the start of the year 2000, I decided to undertake a cathartic journey within myself. I gave up a solid career in advertising to devote myself to art completely.
My first collection, ¡°Morir para vivir¡±, is the metaphor of the path I have
undertaken. Knowing myself prodded me to delve deeper into the various aspects of human nature, hence the introspective investigation started being accompanied by an anthropological one. I have chosen a photographic technique, with a documentary intent in order to make my characters look as real as possible: if they were not so real, we would feel more detached towards them.
My paintings also feature unsettling elements, which draw away from
reality and make my works look more visionary and surreal. This allows me to explore humanity in depth, I use surrealism as a tool to investigate, as the language of hidden truths. This visionary, at times fierce, character is not meant as a provocation, but to prompt the spectator to venture into the multifaceted nature of the human soul, to trigger a reflection.

Contact us  |   HOME       ablefineart twitter   ablefineart facebook   ablefineart youtube
143B Orchard St New York, NY 10002 U.S.A. / Tel: 1-212-477-1188 / info@ablefineartny.com
Copyright ⓒ 2010 ABLE FINE ART NY. All rights reserved